Re: Embedded tables

Bhaskar_Bhar <bhar@duettech.com> Fri, 11 April 1997 10:34 UTC

From: Bhaskar_Bhar <bhar@duettech.com>
Subject: Re: Embedded tables
To: "David T. Perkins" <snmpinfo@best.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:41:08 -0000
Cc: snmpv2@tis.com
Sender: owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com

Hi,
 Thanks for the correction. By embedded tables, I did not mean that
while defining the syntax of a table, SEQUENCE OF <EntryType> where
EntryType is another SEQUENCE OF. This is not allowed as evident from
sec 7.1.12. I thought embed. tables to be what given in AUGMENTS clause.

 But an embedded table can also be thought of as following:

If a table is indexed over more than one variable, then for same
value of one index variable, we have different values of other
index variables; thus keeping one index variable constant
we have some kind of another concetual table which is
now indexed over other index variables.

As the original question was not so clear, I directed him to the
said RFC.

Thanks & Regards
Bhaskar
bhar@duettech.com