Re: [Softwires] Changes to DHCP MAP Option draft

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Mon, 22 July 2013 09:28 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: "ian.farrer@telekom.de" <ian.farrer@telekom.de>, "suresh.krishnan@ericsson.com" <suresh.krishnan@ericsson.com>, "Yiu_Lee@Cable.Comcast.com" <Yiu_Lee@Cable.Comcast.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:18:40 +0200
acceptlanguage: fr-FR
Cc: "softwires@ietf.org" <softwires@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Softwires] Changes to DHCP MAP Option draft

Hi Ian, all,

I agree with you the changes are in the good direction and are much compliant draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe.

IMHO, draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp is sufficient on its own to accommodate softwire-related needs. I understand this is only my opinion and that the WG may consider the companion dhc documents you mentioned as needed. In such case, draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe should be the place to specify under which conditions draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp or dhc I-Ds are to be followed.

Cheers,
Med