Re: [Softwires] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-04.txt

Olivier Vautrin <ovautrin@juniper.net> Wed, 02 November 2011 23:21 UTC

From: Olivier Vautrin <ovautrin@juniper.net>
To: peng-wu <peng-wu@foxmail.com>, softwires <softwires@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:21:18 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Softwires] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-04.txt

Hello, thanks for this interesting draft.

In your use case, could you explain if every CPE/Host need to reach
Internet? That would be the case in a typical Broadband deployment but
perhaps not in your deployment scenario.

If all CPE needs Internet access, all of them with an IP@ need a dedicated
"bucket of ports" installed in the Concentrator. Which means that we could
just have a static allocation of ports in the Concentrator instead of
DHCP/PCP mechanism as described in your draft.

My point is we could have a Stateless mechanism in the Concentrator as
described in SD-NAT (draft-penno-softwire-sdnat-01) and just use regular
DHCP/Radius on the CPE to get a dynamic address allocation with the same
result.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Olivier