Re: [lamps] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Request for review of revised RFC 5759

Michael Jenkins <mjjenki@tycho.ncsc.mil> Fri, 09 March 2018 14:33 UTC

To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, spasm@ietf.org
Cc: "Zieglar, Lydia Q" <llziegl@nsa.gov>, m.jenkins.364706+work@gmail.com
From: Michael Jenkins <mjjenki@tycho.ncsc.mil>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 09:33:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [lamps] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Request for review of revised RFC 5759

Hi Stephen,

> I'd encourage the authors to consider if they need an RFC that is not under IETF change control for this content.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the draft and comment. I wanted to
respond that we certainly are considering the benefits and costs of
publishing this information, and which mechanisms for publication might
be more or less appropriate. Your input (and Martin's, Paul W's, and
Paul H's) plays a significant role in that discussion.

Mike