[Speermint] RE: SPEERMINT Peering Architecture - LF - OF - SF

"Michael Hammer \(mhammer\)" <mhammer@cisco.com> Wed, 24 May 2006 00:26 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:26:42 -0400
From: "Michael Hammer (mhammer)" <mhammer@cisco.com>
To: Stastny Richard <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at>, Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>, "Francois D. Menard" <fmenard@xittelecom.com>, "Khan, Sohel Q [CTO]" <Sohel.Q.Khan@sprint.com>, David Meyer <dmm@1-4-5.net>, speermint@ietf.org
Subject: [Speermint] RE: SPEERMINT Peering Architecture - LF - OF - SF

Richard,

Let me turn this around to you.

How much policy data do you stuff into ENUM?

How general a database do you expect DNS to become?

Do you expect that all peers will be pointed to the same entry point
into the network?

The thought was that before you blast the SF with INVITEs, it might be
useful to learn something about the nature of the interface
expectations.  For the most part these are bins into which things can be
organized while this group gets started.  If later it is concluded a bin
isn't needed, then it can be removed and whatever was collected handled
by some other bin.

Mike