RE: [Speermint] Location Function in SPEERMINT

"Michael Hammer \(mhammer\)" <mhammer@cisco.com> Fri, 26 May 2006 15:50 UTC

Subject: RE: [Speermint] Location Function in SPEERMINT
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:50:49 -0400
From: "Michael Hammer (mhammer)" <mhammer@cisco.com>
To: James McEachern <jmce@nortel.com>, speermint@ietf.org

I think I have lost track of what "it" is.

I don't think "it" is the ability to identify a proxy that a peer should
use based on location.

"It" may be the ability to identify a proxy that a peer should use based
on the peer identity or affiliation (federation).

"Location" has geographic baggage when perhaps selective "discovery" is
really what is meant.

Please correct me as I may have gotten disoriented with the different
mail threads.

Mike