Re: [Stackevo] IP Stack Evolution Program Review

Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch> Sat, 05 March 2016 09:55 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 10:55:04 +0100
To: Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com>
Cc: Stackevo <stackevo@iab.org>, Brian Trammell <ietf@trammell.ch>, "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>, "spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com" <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Stackevo] IP Stack Evolution Program Review

Hi Natasha,

Just quickly on ConEx: the working group is closed (and there was only little energy at the end) but effectively that means that the protocol is now done and can be used for experimentation.

Dirk, Brian and I submitted a position paper to Marnew on ConEx and spud as examples for signaling alternatives for DPI. Unfortunately, I was not able to come to the workshop. Was there any additional discussion/interest on ConEx (besides Dirk’s presentation)?

I not aware that anybody is currently experimenting with ConEx but it could fit in the scope of accord. However, as I was not at the workshop, I don’t have a clear view what the problem statement for accord is and if it would fit/help. That's for me the interesting part of accord - learning more about the problems the mobile operators have (and not so much about potentially solutions that might exists in the IETF space).

Mirja