[tcpm] John Scudder's No Objection on draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp-07: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 29 June 2022 18:30 UTC

From: John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp@ietf.org, tcpm-chairs@ietf.org, tcpm@ietf.org, nsd.ietf@gmail.com, nsd.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:30:15 -0700
Subject: [tcpm] John Scudder's No Objection on draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp-07: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-yang-tcp/

COMMENT:

Thanks for this document. I have two minor comments.

1. In §1,

   *  TCP-AO and TCP MD5 configuration for Layer 3 VPNs is modeled in A
      Layer 3 VPN Network YANG Model [RFC9182].  This model assumes that
      TCP-AO specific parameters are preconfigured in addition to the
      keychain parameters.

When you say "this model" are you referring to RFC 9182, or the present
document? You could clarify by saying "that model" if you're talking about 9182
(which I think is the case?), or "the present document" if you mean your own
spec.

2. In §6, perhaps consider using a different term for an on-path attacker other
than "MITM", which conventionally (to my knowledge) expands to "man in the
middle". (Or I think you could just drop "e.g. MITM", which doesn't seem to add
much.)