[tcpm] Genart last call partial review of draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-24

Francis Dupont via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 19 August 2021 16:00 UTC

From: Francis Dupont via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, tcpm@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 09:00:15 -0700
Subject: [tcpm] Genart last call partial review of draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-24

Review is partially done. Another assignment may be needed to complete it.

Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-24
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 2021-08-18
IETF LC End Date: 2021-08-02
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

 Only editorial comments: there are a lot of inconsistencies on US/UK spelling
 for instance acknowledgment vs acknowledgement, or e.g., vs e.g.. These should
 be addressed by the RFC Ediror. Note there is an i.e, (vs correct i.e.,) in
 3.8.6.2.1. page 47.

 I did not fully verify the technical details mainly because I review I-Ds in
 public transports so without the whole collection of merged RFCs and errata.
 In fact I only checked the figure 5 section 3.3.2 page 17 because an arrow
 missed from it in the original RFC: this is addressed by the note 2 (I
 compared with the fixed state transition diagram of the TCP/IP Illustrated
 volume 2).

There is a small note for the IESG in section 5 page 92 in the very last
paragraph about a PERPASS/privacy review.

Regards