Re: [tcpm] AD Review: draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-09

Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU> Wed, 27 January 2010 22:13 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:13:19 -0800
From: Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>
To: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]" <wesley.m.eddy@nasa.gov>
Cc: "tcpm@ietf.org WG" <tcpm@ietf.org>, Fernando Gont <fernando@gont.com.ar>
Subject: Re: [tcpm] AD Review: draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-09

Hi, all,

I'd like to second all of Wes's* points below.

I don't have a problem with including the code; it may be unnecessary,
but lots of informational docs have exactly that kind of detail to
explain things.

I do agree that it would be useful to avoid the term "proposed", as the
WG consensus as I recall it was to document what was implemented and
discuss the issues thereof, but not to make a recommendation.

I also agree with Lars's suggestion (and Wes's concurrence) that it
would be useful to be explicit in the fact that this doc does not make
such a recommendation.

I won't belabor other points below; I think Wes said it nicely.

Joe

-----

* PS - anyone have a good pointer to how to turn proper nouns that end
in 's' into possessive adjectives? I found a few, and at least one
suggests that "genitive of origin" always adds the 's' ;-)