Re: [tcpm] draft-minshall-nagle

Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu> Thu, 05 June 2014 20:34 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 13:32:44 -0700
From: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
To: David Borman <David.Borman@quantum.com>, Greg Minshall <minshall@acm.org>
Cc: "tcpm@ietf.org" <tcpm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [tcpm] draft-minshall-nagle

Hi, David,

Yes - those points raised before are probably still as relevant, but the
broader point that Jim G. raised was never considered before - why not
just push to change the default? We've long since evolved past a world
where we can make assumptions that a TCP stream can safely be stalled at
an arbitrary byte boundary...

Joe