[Teas] Rtgdir early review of draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang-22

Darren Dukes via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 23 January 2024 20:52 UTC

From: Darren Dukes via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: rtg-dir@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang.all@ietf.org, teas@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 12:52:07 -0800
Subject: [Teas] Rtgdir early review of draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang-22

Reviewer: Darren Dukes
Review result: Has Nits

I reviewed this draft and appreciate the effort that went into the document.  I
did not find any major issues with this draft and only a few minor issues/nits.

===========================
Minor

Section 1
- Is the TE model an Abstract TE model (vs underlay or overlay) as per RFC8795?
 If so can you elaborate on that?

Section 2.2
For some VN members of a VN, the customers are allowed to configure the actual
path (i.e., detailed virtual nodes and virtual links) over the VN/abstract
topology agreed mutually between CNC and MDSC prior to or a topology created by
the MDSC as part of VN instantiation. - Please rewrite this sentence, "MDSC
prior to or a topology", I could not parse the intended meaning.

Section 2.2
- Please provide a definition for S1-S11. I believe they're abstract nodes as
defined in an abstract TE model as per RFC8795.

Nits

Section 4.3.1
- Is there a reason for the difference in names for path-affinities-values vs
path-affinity-names - could/should you make affinity names consistent? if so
please do.

- Please replace all MSDC with MDSC