[Tools-discuss] Ballot position change email subject (was Re: Tim Polk's No Objection on draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states-10: (with COMMENT))

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Fri, 10 December 2010 03:28 UTC

From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:29:53 -0600
To: Adrian.Farrel@huawei.com
Cc: 'Tim Polk' <tim.polk@nist.gov>, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>, tools-discuss@ietf.org
Subject: [Tools-discuss] Ballot position change email subject (was Re: Tim Polk's No Objection on draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states-10: (with COMMENT))

I had my fingers in this last, and I thought about the layout of the subject line quite a bit
before laying it out this way.

The short answer is that you can't win - sometimes the emphasis needs to be on whether there's
a comment, sometimes the most important piece of information is that the position has changed.
The best we can do is get all the information on the line to facilitate searches.

This layout will be the most useful to me in forming searches later. That said,
I don't care what that order the information comes in as long as its all there.
I do care that we pick a way and leave it alone for awhile so that good search tools can actually
be built.

With that in mind, do you feel strongly enough about this to argue for changing it?

RjS