Re: [Tools-discuss] Bad name selection in new draft announcements

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com> Mon, 16 July 2012 14:23 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:23:46 +0200
From: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
To: Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>
Cc: Tools Team Discussion <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Bad name selection in new draft announcements

Hi,

The code which extracts author information from drafts look at both the
first page author-and-affiliation list, and the authors' addresses
section, in order to figure out which names on the first page are
author names, and which are names of organisations.

(Yes, we should implement author name extraction from submitted XML.
If anybody would like to contribute such code, there's an excellent
opportunity at the upcoming code sprint, on Saturday 28th, in Vancouver.)

In the draft you mention below, the Authors' Addresses section looks as
follows, which makes it *quite* hard to figure out that 'O. Kolkman' and
'A. Cooper', mentioned on the first page, are authors.  GIGO.  Please
provide input which makes it possible to use the Authors' Addresses
section:

----------
Authors' Addresses

   Richard Barnes