[rbridge] WG Review: Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (trill)

touch at ISI.EDU (Joe Touch) Thu, 16 June 2005 21:49 UTC

From: "touch at ISI.EDU"
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:49:39 -0700
Subject: [rbridge] WG Review: Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (trill)

Re: WG Review: Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (trill)
Forwarded reply:

From:
"Adrian Farrel" <adrian at olddog.co.uk>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:26:22 +0100
To:
"W. Mark Townsley" <townsley at cisco.com>, "Margaret Wasserman"
<margaret at thingmagic.com>
CC:
Kompella" <kireeti at juniper.net>, "dimitri papadimitriou"
<dpapadimitriou at psg.com>

Hi Mark,

Thanks for being responsive.

>> "It is recognized that CCAMP may be solving similar issues that TRILL

may

>> encounter, specifically with respect to the use of routing protocols (in

this

>> case OSPF-TE) to flood topology information that pertains to an Ethernet
>> Network. The TRILL WG will work closely with the CCAMP WG to reduce

duplication

>> of effort and resolve any interoperability concerns that may arise due

to this."

This looks good.
I think we should remove "(in this case OSPF-TE)" from the paragraph since
I don't see any mention of OSPF in the TRILL charter.

>> Does this at least satisfy your concern that the potential issues are

identified

>> up front? Of course, it is then incumbant for the chairs, ADs, and folks
>> participating in ccamp and trill to do the right thing.

Yup. More drafts to read  ;-)

Thanks,
Adrian

>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Mark
>>

>> The TRILL WG will work closely with CCAMP
>>
>> IGPs to flood topology
>> information that pertains to the Ethernet network. I suggest that this
>> means that CCAMP and TRILL need to work together closely to ensure that
>> there is no duplication of effort.

your

forwarding

course)