Re: [tsvwg] Diffserv for interconnection

<Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de> Mon, 26 November 2012 08:30 UTC

From: Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de
To: david.black@emc.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:30:00 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
Cc: pierre.levis@orange.com, tsvwg@ietf.org, christian.jacquenet@orange.com
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] Diffserv for interconnection

David,

thanks. I submitted a draft on the issue and I'm also involved in the ITU liaision.

Yes, to me IETF should pick up the subject of limited and "well enough defined"
set of interconnection QoS classes.

I've reread RFC5127. If it stays informational, I got no qualms with it. If a revised
version of RFC5127 ist to be put on standards track, some parts of it must be
better explained and possibly rewritten. If it is not touched, some parts of what
is required in a revised 5127 from my point of view should become part of the
interconnection work.

I'm halfway through http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5160 and the authors asked how I'd
position my proposal with regard it. It is a more abstract document about
inter provider QoS agreements. So far I think, RFC5160 and the proposals of my
draft would complement each other.

Regards,

Rüdiger