Re: [Tsvwg] SCTP Unreliable Data Mode Extension

Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us> Wed, 08 May 2002 22:10 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:21:41 -0500
From: Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
To: Barry.Nagelberg@radisys.com
CC: tsvwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] SCTP Unreliable Data Mode Extension
Sender: tsvwg-admin@ietf.org

Barry:

I fully agree. drafts will change ... even though
these are fairly solid...

The new document should be out tommorrow for PR-SCTP (note
it is nolonger called U-SCTP)... it will be

draft-stewart-prsctp-00.txt

Note we blew it and failed to address it to the tsvwg... but
please all you tsvwg folks.. have a read tommorrow and provide
feedback..

Note for bakeoff goers.. there will be points awarded for
compliance to both this draft and the forthcoming -05 addip draft.

Hey.. I will even buy each team that has both working
at the start of the bake-off a good German Beer :-)

Best Regards

Barry.Nagelberg@radisys.com wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Every ID states:
>
> "Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
> and MAY be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
> time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
> material or to cite them other than as 'work in progress'."
>
> Barry Nagelberg
>
> "Douglas Otis" <dotis@sanlight.net>
> Sent by: tsvwg-admin@ietf.org
> 05/08/02 03:13 PM
>

>         To:     "Tsvwg" <tsvwg@ietf.org>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        RE: [Tsvwg] SCTP Unreliable Data Mode Extension
>
> Michael,
>
> At the last Connect-A-Thon (worth 10 points for performance above and
> beyond) were three implementations that correctly performed U-SCTP and two
> implementations that handled the Add-IP/ASCONF draft.  Three
> implementations
> would seem sufficient for IETF consideration.  What changes were you
> expecting to make?  Any changes affecting operation under the current
> draft
> would be a setback from a compliance standpoint.
>
>  -Doug
>
> On May 8, 2002 7:32 AM Michael Tuexen (Michael.Tuexen@icn.siemens.de)
> wrote:
> >
> > Doug,
> >
> > what do you mean by 'there is already interchange'?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Michael
> >
> > Michael Tuexen    Tel.:   +49 89 722 47210
> > Siemens AG        Fax:    +49 89 722 48212
> > ICN WN CC SE 7    E-mail: Michael.Tuexen@icn.siemens.de

Randall R. Stewart
randall@stewart.chicago.il.us 815-342-5222 (cell phone)