Re: [Tsvwg] Making draft-davie-ecn-mpls a TSVWG item

Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be Wed, 17 January 2007 10:24 UTC

To: lars.eggert@nokia.com
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Making draft-davie-ecn-mpls a TSVWG item
From: Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:24:13 +0100
Cc: tsvwg@ietf.org

discussion was led on the list mid november - no real
conclusion or action where derived from the concerns
expressed at that time - note that the first point is
not at all an issue about process (discussion slides
during MPLS WG meetings without feedback and certainly
no conclusion simply does not ensure a safe path) -
another question is around value/functionality vs the
overhead in putting such fct at MPLS level (being by
definition a fwd'ing paradigm, bind to the end-to-end
networking paradigm of IP)

- see below for the details -

        Bruce Davie <bdavie@cisco.com>
        15/11/2006 13:55