Re: [tsvwg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3390 (4583)

Mark Allman <mallman@icir.org> Wed, 06 January 2016 19:16 UTC

To: RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>
From: Mark Allman <mallman@icir.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 14:09:32 -0500
Sender: mallman@icir.org
Cc: gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk, floyd@icir.org, touch@isi.edu, craig@bbn.com, mls.ietf@gmail.com, tsvwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3390 (4583)

This is clearly a correction to the document.  The intent of the
authors and the WG was never to allow the initial window to be
higher than given in the document.  (It was hard enough to get folks
to accept an initial window of 2-4 segments.  It'd have been
impossible to get the community to agree to leave an explicit escape
hatch for larger values.)

This error also applies to RFC 2414 (where the text originated).

allman