Re: [urn] Stephen Farrell's Abstain on draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-21: (with COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Thu, 02 March 2017 16:57 UTC

To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 16:57:14 +0000
Cc: barryleiba@computer.org, draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn@ietf.org, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, urnbis-chairs@ietf.org, urn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [urn] Stephen Farrell's Abstain on draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-21: (with COMMENT)

On 02/03/17 15:45, John C Klensin wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> If you want to craft some text and tell us where to put it, I'd
> appreciate it.  Noting that there is already a template
> requirement for security and privacy information and the DE team
> is charged with reviewing those templates for completeness,

Sure. I'd suggest the following change in 6.4.4:

OLD:

   o  Various issues discussed in the guidelines for security
      considerations in RFCs [RFC3552] and the privacy considerations
      for Internet protocols [RFC6973].

NEW:

   o  Various issues discussed in the guidelines for security
      considerations in RFCs [RFC3552] and the privacy considerations
      for Internet protocols [RFC6973]. In particular note the
      privacy considerations text in [RFC7254] which may provide
      a useful model for such cases.

And adding 7254 as a reference as well.

If Peter or someone wants to suggest more text, that'd also be
fine by me.

Cheers,
S.