[Uta] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-07: (with COMMENT)

"Benoit Claise" <bclaise@cisco.com> Wed, 16 December 2015 15:56 UTC

From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 07:56:26 -0800
Cc: uta@ietf.org, uta-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs@ietf.org, leifj@sunet.se
Subject: [Uta] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-07: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs/

COMMENT:

Bert Wijnen's OPS DIR review, on which Alexey promised to act:
> Hi I did the OPS-Directorate review
fordraft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs-07

> In general, I think this document is more or less ready to be
published.

> I do believe that section 5 does touch on a number of operational
> aspects (and specifically about scaling). The title of that section
> however is:
>     Compliance Checklist for Mail Service Providers and Certificate
>     Signing Request generation tools
> So it may not immediately attract attention from operators so that
> they can see operational aspects. Maybe that could be pointed out
> somewhere in the document.
>
> Section 5 also states that this document and its predecessors
> "don't address scaling issues caused by use of TLS in multi-tenanted
> environments." And it states that further work is needed in that
space.
> That is another operational aspect that may need to be pointed out
> specifically to operators.
>
> So maybe these 2 points can be highlighted in a saparate small sectoin
> titled "Operational Considerations".
> Just thinking aloud here. The point s have been made, but such a small
> section qould quickly point operators to the proper places for info.

Sounds like a good idea, I will add.