Re: [v6ops] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-v6ops-icp-guidance-02.txt]

"Leo Liu(bing)" <leo.liubing@huawei.com> Tue, 10 January 2012 09:44 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:44:32 +0000
From: "Leo Liu(bing)" <leo.liubing@huawei.com>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, IPv6 Operations <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-v6ops-icp-guidance-02.txt]

Hi, Brian

I also support this to be a WG item.

I agree with Victor's comment that some of the content not only suitable for ICP, but also enterprise and any other organizations who want to introduce IPv6 to their current network. They need to know the impact to various infrastructures include routing, servers, balancers, CDN etc. I think the draft is quite helpful for them to get start with IPv6, especially for the mid-small sized organizations, who may not have enough IPv6 experience/knowledge.

For my personal interest, I want to see more discussion of dual stack OPS in the draft, since it seems there always been controversial about the complexity of running dual stack, and I think the issue may be more sensitive for the mid-small organizations.