Re: [v6ops] Agenda discussion

Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net> Tue, 13 March 2012 15:40 UTC

From: Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:40:22 +0100
To: Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com>
Cc: v6ops v6ops WG <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Agenda discussion

Hi Fred,

There has been discussion on the list about the relationship between 464XLAT and 4rd (24 v6ops e-mails with these 2 acronyms)
The latest version of draft-despres-softwire-4rd-U (posted on March 12) introduces a NAT64 variant called NAT64+.
Its purpose is 464XLAT-like scenarios with improved IPv4 transparency.

I would appreciate a slot (10 minutes or more) to present what is at stake, operationally speaking.
There is no v6ops-specific draft: time has been too short to make one despite relevance to v6ops of the subject matter to v6ops.
(There is of course no plan to present protocol contents in v6ops, Softwire being the place for this.)

Thanks,
RD