Re: [weirds] New Unified DNR/RIR Internet-Drafts

Andy Newton <andy@arin.net> Thu, 06 September 2012 22:40 UTC

From: Andy Newton <andy@arin.net>
To: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <superuser@gmail.com>, Linlin Zhou <zhoulinlin@cnnic.cn>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 22:40:27 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.149.252.96]
Cc: "weirds@ietf.org" <weirds@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [weirds] New Unified DNR/RIR Internet-Drafts

On 9/6/12 5:39 PM, "Murray S. Kucherawy" <superuser@gmail.com> wrote:

>However, you are correct about the milestones; the charter text is
>focused on providing a single solution, while the milestones show
>clear division.  This should have been caught sooner, and I apologize
>if it has led to some confusion about our direction.  I think given
>the goal of unifying work as much as practical, we should petition to
>change the milestones accordingly to focus on producing the common
>stuff first and the divergent stuff later.  Assuming the base proposed
>set of documents, something like this could work:
>
>Feb 2013 draft-designteam-weirds-using-http to the IESG
>Apr 2013 draft-hollenbeck-weirds-rdap-sec to the IESG
>Jun 2013 draft-hollenbeck-weirds-unified-rdap-query to the IESG
>Sep 2013 draft-newton-weirds-unified-json-response to the IESG
>Dec 2013 extension drafts (if needed) to the IESG
>
>Does anyone think those are unreasonable?

My comments:

1) So long as the last paragraph of the charter remains, I have no
objection for seeking this change.

2) I see no reason why the first 4 drafts can't all be due Apr 2013,
unless the chairs are seeking implementation experience before moving the
documents to the IESG.

3) There is no mention of the requirements draft. Perhaps it should be
added with the same "(if needed)" qualifier.

-andy