RE: 2hr sessions and agendas

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Tue, 25 January 2022 00:04 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Michael Richardson' <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>, 'Working Group Chairs' <wgchairs@ietf.org>, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: 2hr sessions and agendas
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 19:04:50 -0500

Michael:

IDR is one of the WG that requests 2 meetings (normally 1 meeting with 2
hours and 1 meeting with 1 hour).

In the past with in person meetings, we ran discussions during the IDR
meetings in the IETF.  Also, we ran small group discussions within the week.
We also ran interims if they were needed.

During the periods of online IETF meetings,  we try to updates on draft and
new work into the 2 meetings.  Often times status reports come from the
wiki.
During the period of online IETF meetings,  have run 2-3 interims between
the meetings with lengthy discussions (time period 2-2.5 hours).    Our work
is schedule against large items (BGP-LS, SR-Routing, Flow Specification v2,
CAR/DT, Auto-configuration) with the ability to fit emerging work needed for
BGP.

We are continual communication with our AD about how to best use our time.

May I suggest that we are adhering to the spirit of your idea, but the form.
One of the best things IETF is that different areas and different ADs is
that we can take the spirit of the idea, and not get tied down to specific
forms.

Sue