X.25 'user' calling address objects

Rodney L Thayer <rodney@world.std.com> Tue, 28 January 1992 13:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1992 08:41:58 -0500
From: Rodney L Thayer <rodney@world.std.com>
To: x25mib@dg-rtp.dg.com
Subject: X.25 'user' calling address objects

If the X.25 'MIB Standard' (i.e. the document) does not discuss how users
of X.25 should represent their access to X.25 (such as called address) then
we promote an inefficient and potentially chaotic and inconsistent collection
of variations on this.  This means, in general, that if I at layer N+1 wish
to use a service at layer N and define a MIB for myself, I have to invent
a way to represent what I send to layer N for addressing information.  This
applies to ALL users of X.25 in this specific case.

Note I am not saying the 'X.25 MIB' has to contain objects for this.  I am
suggesting that the document provide advisory implemention for the MIB
developers at the layer above.

If the X.25 MIB folks don't define it, who should?  Every single X.25 user-
MIB-developer in existance?