Re: [XCON] Open Issue: Hideable Participants

Rohan Mahy <rohan@cisco.com> Fri, 12 March 2004 01:02 UTC

Cc: xcon@ietf.org, Eric Burger <eburger@snowshore.com>, Rohan Mahy <rohan@cisco.com>, "'Kozdon, Peter'" <Peter.Kozdon@icn.siemens.com>, 'Adam Roach' <adam@dynamicsoft.com>
From: Rohan Mahy <rohan@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [XCON] Open Issue: Hideable Participants
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:57:32 -0800
To: "Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@marconi.com>
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

On Mar 11, 2004, at 2:26 PM, Rosen, Brian wrote:

> Somehow, you think there are fewer attributes than roles.
> I think there are fewer roles than attributes.
> Reiterating - i think its easier to infer attributes knowing roles
> than it is to infer roles knowing attributes.  I don't
> see much utility in delivering both.
>
> The fact that it's an ass is the important part; i don't think that we
> can provide information figure out which ones are interesting and
> which ones are not.

You need to demonstrate this assertion then.  What would you do with
the knowledge of a role.  I already showed how based on the "hide-able"
attribute I can do something useful for a variety of roles.  The burden
of proof is on you to show how I can do anything useful with roles
without needed an explosion of them.

thanks,
-rohan