Re: [xrblock] AD evaluation: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability-03

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Thu, 05 June 2014 01:54 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>, "xrblock@ietf.org" <xrblock@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 01:53:42 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.41.117]
Subject: Re: [xrblock] AD evaluation: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability-03

Hi,Dan:
Do we really need to distinguish implementation that support scrambling from implementation that don't?
For implementation that don't support scrambling, the error count due to employing scrambling in each related metric can be set to zero.
Take PAT_error_count as an example,
A PAT error occurs when it meets any one of the following three conditions
1. when PAT does not occur at least every 0.5s
2.the table has an ID other than 0x00
3. Scrambling_control_field in the TS packet header
  is not 00 for PID 0x0000, as defined in section 5.2.1 of [ETSI].

The error count is sum of error count due to either condition listed above. The error count due to the 3rd condition can be set to zero
when implementation doesn't support scrambling.
Whether scrambling is supported or not, Scrambling_control_field needs to be present in the TS packet and set an appropriate value.

So I think using a new flag bit to make distinction is not necessary since each scrambling related metric only conside scrambling related condition as one of possible condition.
For implementation that don't support scrambling, there is no error being counted due to scrambling being applied.

I will update the draft if you agree with the proposed changes.

Regards!
-Qin