Re: [3gv6] Stateless Prefix Delegation I-D updated (draft-savolainen-stateless-pd)

Rémi Després <remi.despres@free.fr> Tue, 02 March 2010 17:39 UTC

From: Rémi Després <remi.despres@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:38:57 +0100
To: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
Cc: v6ops@ops.ietf.org, 3gv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [3gv6] Stateless Prefix Delegation I-D updated (draft-savolainen-stateless-pd)

Hi Teemu,

As we discussed privately, the need you identify deserves IMHO a solution.

I didn't succeed to cover it in the new draft on SAM, posted close to the limit for draft-00 limit yesterday, but it seems to me this can be done, with the advantage of a more generic mechanism.

Where SAM interior locators are so far only IPv4, IPv6, and IPv4+port, some layer-2 locators could be added.
Then, encapsulation would naturally be directly over layer-2 headers, not IP over IP.

This is a possibility which I would be interested in discussing with you, in Anaheim in particular, if you are interested.

Best regards,
RD