[85attendees] Soccer BOF Update

Daryl Malas <D.Malas@cablelabs.com> Mon, 05 November 2012 14:29 UTC

From: Daryl Malas <D.Malas@cablelabs.com>
To: "85attendees@ietf.org" <85attendees@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 14:29:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.5.0.27]
Subject: [85attendees] Soccer BOF Update

Just a reminder, we will be having the Soccer BoF at tomorrow's social event.  You can sign up on the social event registration page.  A couple of questions that I have been asked and some answers:

  1.  Do I have to be in shape to play?  I hope not, otherwise I will not qualify.
  2.  Do I need skills like Wayne Rooney, so I won't look bad on the pitch?  See answer to 1.
  3.  Do I need to wear special soccer shoes?  Not really, but decent tennis shoes will make it easier to play.  I would leave the high heels and dress shoes in the hotel room; however, if you play better in them…bring 'em.
  4.  I forgot to bring shorts and a t-shirt, can I play in jeans and a sweater?  Absolutely, just know that you may get a bit warm.
  5.  What is this soccer BoF all about, anyway?  The point is to get together and have some fun.  If you like football, or soccer for us Americans, you should come out and kick the ball around.
  6.  I'm going to sweat like a Siberian husky in the Mojave desert.  Are there showers available?  Yes, if you  need to go shower after playing, the visitor team lockers at the stadium (most recently used by the Dallas Cowboys, last night) are available.  You need to bring all of the appropriate stuff, though (e.g., soap, towel, etc.).

If you want to play, sign up at the social registration site:  http://www.ietf85.com/index.php/social-event-information

We will start playing at 8pm!  I will be over by the soccer area around then, and we'll play until people are done or 10pm, whichever comes first.  Feel free to come and go during that time.

--Daryl