Re: [apps-discuss] SenML

Zach Shelby <zach@sensinode.com> Thu, 01 March 2012 13:33 UTC

From: Zach Shelby <zach@sensinode.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:32:51 +0200
To: Yusuke DOI <yusuke.doi@toshiba.co.jp>
Cc: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, General discussion of application-layer protocols <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] SenML

Hi Yusuke,

Our main use case for the senml+exi representation is for strict mode. We believe the vast majority of implementations will be configured in this mode as it makes the most sense for M2M applications as you point out. The only reason we included a MAY for non-strict was to allow such use. However if as you point out that might cause interoperability problems, I would be in favor of making strict mode a MUST.

Thanks!
Zach