Re: [atoca] The future of atoca

Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net> Mon, 30 July 2012 21:26 UTC

From: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:26:17 -0400
To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: atoca@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [atoca] The future of atoca

I have hesitated to respond to this because I'm part of the problem.  However, here goes:

I think the work of atoca is important.  I think it's VERY important.  We need better tools for authority to citizen alerts.

We have been unable to muster enough effort.  We need to fix that to be viable.  It may be too late.

So, I will make a pledge:
a) I will contribute a draft in this next cycle
b) I will respond to threads on the list aggressively
c) I will start threads to try to reach consensus on requirements and mechanisms

I ask for others to take the same pledge.

I understand that I, and others, should have already done all of that.  Guilty.  I will understand if it is decided that we had our chance and lost it by inactivity.  But I will ask for another chance to get good work done.

Brian