Re: [atoca] The future of atoca

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 20 July 2012 10:39 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "atoca@ietf.org" <atoca@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:40:21 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [atoca] The future of atoca

As yet again, I cannot get to the ATOCA session because I am chairing a session at the same time, I'll comment on list.

I don't see enough momentum to have a working group on this subject. The idea of a working group is to gain a certain amount of consensus round a subject before submitting a document to the IETF last call process. So there is no point writing drafts which essentially only the authors comment on in the WG. The WG has had more than adequate time to gather that momentum if it existed.

Given that, if the authors of documents really want to proceed, they might as well put the documents straight into the individual submission process (or else abandon them).

There is no point in continuing with the working group as it is adding nothing to the process of gaining IETF consensus.

Keith