[auth48] [IANA] Re: AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9542 <draft-ietf-intarea-rfc7042bis-11> for your review

Alanna Paloma <apaloma@amsl.com> Tue, 09 April 2024 16:16 UTC

From: Alanna Paloma <apaloma@amsl.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 09:15:55 -0700
Cc: Yizhou Li <liyizhou@huawei.com>, Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@gmail.com>, "jabley@strandkip.nl" <jabley@strandkip.nl>, RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, "intarea-ads@ietf.org" <intarea-ads@ietf.org>, "intarea-chairs@ietf.org" <intarea-chairs@ietf.org>, "ggx@gigix.net" <ggx@gigix.net>, "evyncke@cisco.com" <evyncke@cisco.com>, "auth48archive@rfc-editor.org" <auth48archive@rfc-editor.org>
To: iana@iana.org
Subject: [auth48] [IANA] Re: AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9542 <draft-ietf-intarea-rfc7042bis-11> for your review

IANA,

Please update your registries as follows to match the edited document at https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9542-diff.html.

1) Please update the section number to be Section 2.1.3 in the notes for the “IANA Unicast 48-bit MAC Addresses” and "IANA Multicast 48-bit MAC Addresses” registries <https://www.iana.org/assignments/ethernet-numbers/>.

Old:
IANA Unicast 48-bit MAC Addresses:
   These values are prefixed with 00-00-5E. See Section 2.1.5 of [RFC-ietf-intarea-rfc7042bis-11]

IANA Multicast 48-bit MAC Addresses:
   These values are prefixed with 01-00-5E. See Section 2.1.4 of [RFC-ietf-intarea-rfc7042bis-11]

New (for both registries):
   These values are prefixed with 00-00-5E. See Section 2.1.3 of RFC 9542.

2) Please update “FC” to be “EF” in the following entry in the "IANA 64-bit MAC Addresses” registry <https://www.iana.org/assignments/ethernet-numbers/>.

Old:
10-00-00-01-00 to FC-FF-FF-FF-FF

New: