Re: [Banana] Reaching Consensus on Problem Statement

Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com> Fri, 03 February 2017 09:37 UTC

From: Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com>
To: Margaret Cullen <margaretw42@gmail.com>, "banana@ietf.org" <banana@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 09:38:18 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.146.93]
Subject: Re: [Banana] Reaching Consensus on Problem Statement

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for bringing this out!

This is a very clear statement of the problem we are currently facing. The motivations have been well explained. The unique feature about bandwidth aggregation for a single session is addressed so that people will not mistake it for the traditional flow-based load sharing any more.

A minor comment is inserted inline below.

Regards,
Mingui

Here, it means “home or office CPE, PCs or laptops” are connected to the smart phone while the smart phone is sharing its Internet access (through its data plans, airport Wifis, etc) as an AP. It does not mean the opposite direction that ”home or office CPE, PCs or laptops” are providing Internet access to the smart phone while this smart phone is sharing its Internet access to other possible end devices. Am I correct? I know the first case is a quite ordinary use case when people are traveling.