Re: [bmwg] Meeting Minutes Review: IPsec Terminology

Al Morton <acmorton@att.com> Wed, 29 October 2003 22:12 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:10:25 -0500
To: bmwg@ietf.org
From: Al Morton <acmorton@att.com>
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Meeting Minutes Review: IPsec Terminology
Sender: bmwg-admin@ietf.org

Benchmarkers all,

This morning, a message "escaped" from the Co-chair's tunnel.
No damage, but a few clarifications are in order:

* While the "IMIX" discussion was blossoming on our list, I
was completely off-line: knee surgery in-progress.
They removed a huge bone chip, possibly from an ancient skiing
accident, and I expect to be mobile again soon.

* Kevin and I have discussed authoring a
"Guidelines for Writing BMWG Methodologies" memo, to help the WG achieve
clear(er) specifications.  In thinking about what this memo might be
comprised of, I mentioned (to Scott Poretsky) that it might help to
collect some fundamental terms of our art, such as Black Box.
These terms will all have been agreed during preparation of an
earlier RFC where they were first needed/defined.
We don't have a schedule for the "Guidelines" memo.

So, BMWG should continue the packet mix discussion to progress
the IPSec draft (where the consensus should be captured), and also
thinking broadly for general/future uses (the discussion clearly
does this).

sorry for any confusion,
Al