RE: [Bridge-mib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-rstpmib-02.txt

alexr@nbase.co.il (Alex Ruzin) Tue, 26 March 2002 13:27 UTC

From: alexr@nbase.co.il
To: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org, Les_Bell@eur.3com.com
Cc: bridge-mib@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Bridge-mib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-rstpmib-02.txt
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:31:17 +0200
Sender: bridge-mib-admin@ietf.org

Hi,
I would like to remind my conversation with Les (see below).
I don't see this problem solved in the draft.
Do you want to comment this issue?
Yours truly, Alex

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:28:41 +0200 I replied (asked):
Alex>Les,
Alex>We would like to define "auto selection" for PortPathCost.
Alex>I mean, for example, if dot1dStpAdminPortPathCost32 is set to "0",
Alex>the agent could select dot1dStpOperPortPathCost32 automatically,
Alex>corresponding to table 17-7 in 17.28.2 of 802.1s.
Alex>When dot1dStpAdminPortPathCost32 is set to positive value, agent could
Alex>use this value for dot1dStpOperPortPathCost32.
Alex>I don't see any other solution to force the agent to use table 17.7.
Alex>May be I missed something?
Alex>
Alex>Thank you for your interest in my remarks, Alex

On Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:56 AM Les Bell asked