Re: [CCAMP] poll on making draft-zhang-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04 a WG document

zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn Fri, 15 April 2011 06:04 UTC

To: Jie Dong <jie.dong@huawei.com>
From: zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:04:00 +0800
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "ccamp-bounces@ietf.org" <ccamp-bounces@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] poll on making draft-zhang-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04 a WG document

Hi Jie

In general,two unidirectional LSPs can be bound together based on the
same global unique value under the same association type. Actually, TP'
identifier is one kind of such global
unique value, which is defined in the Extended Association object. In
other words, the association rule under the scenarios of recovery is still
based on the same association type and association value. So " the IDs in
the extended ASSOCIATION object may have nothing to do with the two
associated LSPs" has no effect on the binding.

Of course, we can define a new object which carrys another kind of unique
value which is irrelevant to the TP's identifier. That SHOULD works well,
but I think the design rule is to reuse the existing object to do the same
thing if it is possible.

Is the interpretation reasonable?

Thanks and best regards

Fei

Jie Dong <jie.dong@huawei.com>
2011-04-15 10:07

收件人
"zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn" <zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn>
抄送
"ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "ccamp-bounces@ietf.org"
<ccamp-bounces@ietf.org>, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
主题
RE: [CCAMP] poll on making
draft-zhang-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04 a WG document

Hi Fei,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Although the suggested statement could solve the problem of confliction,
it still looks a little strange that the IDs in the extended ASSOCIATION
object may have nothing to do with the two associated LSPs.

Regards,
Jie