RE: [T1X1.5] Re: LCAS and draft-mannie-ccamp-gmpls-lbm-tdm-00.txt

"Mannie, Eric" <Eric.Mannie@ebone.com> Wed, 12 December 2001 00:20 UTC

From: "Mannie, Eric" <Eric.Mannie@ebone.com>
To: 'Stephen Trowbridge ' <sjtrowbridge@lucent.com>, "'David S. Miller '" <david.miller@vitesse.com>
Cc: ''Dimitri Papadimitriou' ' <dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be>, 'Steve West ' <Swest@turinnetworks.com>, ''Maarten Vissers' ' <mvissers@lucent.com>, 'ccamp ' <ccamp@ops.ietf.org>, 'q11/15 ' <tsg15q11@itu.int>, "'t1x1.5 '" <t1x15@t1.org>
Subject: RE: [T1X1.5] Re: LCAS and draft-mannie-ccamp-gmpls-lbm-tdm-00.txt
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 01:20:35 +0100

Hi all,

>LBM also does not accomodate removal of non-contiguous components:
e.g., if the 3rd of 10 concatenated VCs fail, I suppose you need
to back down to 2 and then build up ...

Not totally correct, if they are multiple LSPs used for the circuit, you can
remove/add VCs at the end of each LSP separately. However, since each LSP is
protected independently, if "any VC fails" inside, the whole LSP is
protected (so in that case the problem is a not relevant). If you want to
have completely separate VCs, you can have one LSP for each VC. Each LSP/VC
is then provisioned end-to-end, protected (if required) and can be routed
independently. The capability is the same as in LCAS in that case.

Kind regards,

Eric