Re: [T1X1.5] Re: LCAS and draft-mannie-ccamp-gmpls-lbm-tdm-00.txt

Stephen Trowbridge <sjtrowbridge@lucent.com> Tue, 11 December 2001 00:52 UTC

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:52:18 -0700
From: Stephen Trowbridge <sjtrowbridge@lucent.com>
To: "David S. Miller" <david.miller@vitesse.com>
CC: "Mannie, Eric" <Eric.Mannie@ebone.com>, 'Dimitri Papadimitriou' <dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be>, Steve West <Swest@turinnetworks.com>, 'Maarten Vissers' <mvissers@lucent.com>, ccamp <ccamp@ops.ietf.org>, q11/15 <tsg15q11@itu.int>, "t1x1.5" <t1x15@t1.org>
Subject: Re: [T1X1.5] Re: LCAS and draft-mannie-ccamp-gmpls-lbm-tdm-00.txt

David,
Virtual Concatenation, with or without LCAS accomodates differential
delay for different parts of the payload.

LCAS provides hitless add/remove. Also it provides for removal of
failed components, even when this results in non-contiguous
component numbering.

LBM does not give you hitless add and remove from the payload.
LBM also does not accomodate removal of non-contiguous components:
e.g., if the 3rd of 10 concatenated VCs fail, I suppose you need
to back down to 2 and then build up ...
Steve