Re: Moving right along ...

Zhi-Wei Lin <zwlin@lucent.com> Wed, 17 October 2001 16:53 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:53:41 -0400
From: Zhi-Wei Lin <zwlin@lucent.com>
To: Kireeti Kompella <kireeti@juniper.net>
CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Moving right along ...

Hi Kireeti, all,

Regarding the GMPLS signaling set of I-Ds...

-- cr-ldp is in version 4, which means that the revisions done to
rsvp-te05 has not been reflected there...how do we resolve this
inconsistency?

-- rsvp-te-05 and signaling-06 has incorporated the restart capability
as proposed by Ping Pan. However, that work was never looked at
carefully and some issues remain on how this covers all the different
cases. Is it correct to simply include content of individual drafts into
a WG draft that is in last call without adequate data on whether it
handles all the different cases?

-- signaling-06 also includes several new items in there that doesn't
seem to be added because of a identified need (do a diff to find the
differences). Why were they added to the document (I'm not questioning
them, just asking for clarifying explanation)?

-- in signaling-06, since we've decided that this set of I-Ds are to be
consistent with the standards for the respective technologies, then
"Digital Wrapper, G.709" should be changed to "ODUk, G.709" or something
that is used in G.709 or G.872 to describe the types of the signals...

-- There are still some technical questions remaining on some content of
the sonet-sdh-02 that are still been discussed in a private list (my
understanding). Shouldn't these be resolved first before it goes for
last call?

-- in sonet-sdh-extension-00, we would like to add two new flags into
the list of flags for transparency (I have spoken to Eric already, and
I'm waiting to have these added in the next version):
      flag 13: M0
      flag 14: M1

-- I believe g709-00 is currently undergoing some changes to align with
standards positions and to reflect the work on OTN TDM that is been
discussed in ITU study group 15 meeting this week and next week.

Zhi