Re: Moving right along ...

Zhi-Wei Lin <zwlin@lucent.com> Sat, 20 October 2001 11:32 UTC

Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 07:32:58 -0400
From: Zhi-Wei Lin <zwlin@lucent.com>
To: manoj juneja <manojkumarjuneja@hotmail.com>
CC: kireeti@juniper.net, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Moving right along ...

Hi Manoj,

I agree with many of your points. I actually submitted an I-D several
months ago (I think it's expired) that proposes some text to add to the
GMPLS SONET/SDH on the rules for setting different values, such as for
STS-1-Xv, what is the range of value of X, for VC-4-Xv, what is the
range of acceptable value of X, etc.

My rationale at that time was that not everyone is a SONET/SDH expert
and instead of asking them to look somewhere else and dig through those
documents to find the answer, if we can provide them in the GMPLS set of
drafts it would be extremely useful for the entire IETF community and
would help clarify the usage of these parameters. But unfortunately if
you were at the meeting at the time, it wasn't accepted because some
folks thought that these were obvious or that this info is not needed
because they can find it in other places referenced...

If you have the old drafts, the file was:
draft-lin-ccamp-ipo-common-label-request-01

But anyway...people will just have to read all the referenced documents
to understand how to use the different parameters...

Zhi