Inter-AS GMPLS [Was: Moving forward with the CCAMP charter]

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Wed, 17 August 2005 10:26 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: Tomohiro Otani <otani@kddilabs.jp>
Cc: JP Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org, zinin@psg.com, 'Kireeti Kompella' <kireeti@juniper.net>
Subject: Inter-AS GMPLS [Was: Moving forward with the CCAMP charter]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:41:05 +0100
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi Tomo,

> Being related with your text and JP's messages, I would ask you
> to touch upon the draft: draft-otani-ccamp-interas-gmpls-te-03.txt.
> Is this related with a kind of baseline for (1) Analysis of inter-domain
> issues ?
>
> So far, there is a proposed draft of GMPLS inter-domain signaling
> as we discussed in Paris, but there is no draft of GMPLS inter-domain
> routing definition whether it is with TE extension or not.
> (your framework draft covers these points)

Good point.

It seems that your draft is discussing two things:
1. TE reachability information exchange
2. Exchange of aggregated TE information for a domain

As you point out in section 4.2, the issue of scalability and policy needs
to be carefully considered before we pursue this too much further.

I think your work, especially the aggregation issues, meshes nicely with
the recent draft-ashwood-ccamp-gmpls-constraint-reqts-00.txt. Therefore, I
propose the following changes to the draft I sent out before...

   Jan 06 First version WG I-D Routing and signaling for complex optical
constraints
   Oct 07 Submit Routing and signaling for complex optical constraints I-D
for IESG review
2. Insert
   Jan 06 First version WG I-D Routing and signaling for link viability
constraints
   Oct 07 Submit Routing and signaling for link viability constraints I-D
for IESG review
    More forward-looking
    ====================
      Routing and signaling for complex constraints and inter-domain
        * first version of WG draft
          - based on draft-ashwood-ccamp-gmpls-constraint-reqts-00.txt
        * submit for IESG review
4. Add to Inter-domain section
    - Analysis and protocol changes for routing and signaling for link
viability constraints
      * first version of WG draft
        - based on draft-ashwood-ccamp-gmpls-constraint-reqts-00.txt
        - material from draft-otani-ccamp-interas-gmpls-te-03.txt
      * submit for IESG review

Cheers,
Adrian