Re: Moving forward with the CCAMP charter

dimitri papadimitriou <dpapadimitriou@psg.com> Tue, 16 August 2005 16:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:48:09 +0200
From: dimitri papadimitriou <dpapadimitriou@psg.com>
To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, zinin@psg.com, 'Kireeti Kompella' <kireeti@juniper.net>
Subject: Re: Moving forward with the CCAMP charter
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

hi adrian

i would consider the saturarion document and probably cluster it with
the set of items on "deployment/advices/BCPs/etc."

there is an item on "OAM Requirements for GMPLS Networks" with a
lifetime of around 18 months, while it is difficult to have a detailed
view on them wouldn't be advisable to think upon starting an item mid of
next year where details (could be info) would be put together

several questions

 >     - ASON Routing solutions
 >       * first version of WG draft
 >       * submit for IESG review

-> does this mean you envision a single document for IS-IS and OSPF
(note i hope these can be submitted to the IESG by 2Q'06 instead of
October 2006) also cross-WG review period should be considered

 > Mar 06 First version of WG informational I-D Aligning GMPLS protocols
across the standards bodies

and

 >     - Aligning GMPLS protocols across the standards bodies
 >       - Information I-D not intended for publication as an RFC
 >       * first version of WG draft

-> what the first sub-bullet implies ? note that i do not see other
specific milestone(s) for this document while the second sub-bullet
refers to a WG I-D ?

 > Mar 06 Submit GMPLS routing and signaling interoperability advice I-D
for IESG review

-> do you have more details on this specific work item

thanks for the hard work,
- dimitri.