Re: [CCAMP] draft-vallin-netmod-alarm-module again

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Mon, 09 October 2017 14:42 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 16:41:18 +0200
To: daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com
Cc: bclaise@cisco.com, ccamp@ietf.org, draft-vallin-netmod-alarm-module@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] draft-vallin-netmod-alarm-module again

Hi,

Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ceccarelli@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Martin, Benoit,
>
> i can't force the WG to review a draft (even if we got feedbacks last
> time and we just had another reply from Haomian earlier today).
> What I can say is that there are more chances to have the working
> group review a ccamp draft than a netmod draft and even more if the
> draft is presented during a meeting.

Ok.  But do we agree that the reason for potentially doing this work
in CCAMP is b/c there are people active in CCAMP that also work on
generic alarm functionality in the ITU?

The reason I ask this is that after we had the previous discussion
re. the home of this draft, several people have asked why it isn't
done in NETMOD, and expressed the opinion that it should be done
there.  Reading the CCAMP charter, it is not clear to me how this
document would fit.  So it would be very valuable to get some feedback
indicating that people that also work with alarms in ITU are
interested in this work.

/martin