Re: [T1X1.5] Re: Suppression of Downstream Alarms...

Maarten Vissers <mvissers@lucent.com> Wed, 21 November 2001 15:40 UTC

Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, tsg15q11@itu.int, t1x15@t1.org
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:40:30 +0100
From: Maarten Vissers <mvissers@lucent.com>
To: Dimitri Papadimitriou <dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be>
Subject: Re: [T1X1.5] Re: Suppression of Downstream Alarms...

Dimitri,

It looks like we should separate the generic part of LMP from the technology
specific parts.

One of the technology specific parts is pre-OTN/WDM transporting STM-N/OC-N
signals. If the specification for this technology would be present in a separate
document, it would be much better understood that those requirements are only
bound to that technology, not to any of the other technologies (e.g. SDH/SONET,
OTN).

Regards,

Maarten