Re: [T1X1.5] Re: Suppression of Downstream Alarms...

Dimitri Papadimitriou <dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be> Wed, 21 November 2001 15:51 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:51:58 +0100
From: Dimitri Papadimitriou <dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be>
To: Maarten Vissers <mvissers@lucent.com>
CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, tsg15q11@itu.int, t1x15@t1.org
Subject: Re: [T1X1.5] Re: Suppression of Downstream Alarms...

Maarten,

This is an important point that i would like to mention
here: since "pre-OTN" are not fully standardized the
assumption is let's take the following approach: let's
assume that there are no "transport plane" capabilities
so that we can define a complete set of mechanism.

Then if the standardized transport plane technology
provides the capability, customize (profile the LMP
configuraion) and complete the picture with some
additional discovery and testing capabilities as we
did in the I-D i mentioned previously.

That's it. If Carmine doesn't like the Alarm suppression
section of the LMP document for G.709 or SDH/Sonet she
has the capability to not configure this module in
her LMP profile.

Hope this clarifies,
- dimitri.