Re: [core] CORE Draft Agenda for IETF 77

"Charles Palmer" <charles.palmer@onzo.com> Wed, 10 March 2010 22:42 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:42:22 -0000
From: Charles Palmer <charles.palmer@onzo.com>
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, core@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [core] CORE Draft Agenda for IETF 77

Hi Cullen

Security? - what is the scope of security within CoRE, and what security
topics will be dealt with by others?

My group is looking at the extent to which existing security measures
that have evolved within the financial services industry (in particular
GlobalPlatform on tamper-resistant hardware) could be useful tools for
devices such as smart meters where there are valuable assets to protect,
and ample opportunities for Malory to access the devices. There seem to
be parallels between M2M and smart cards. Would IETF 77 be an
opportunity to exchange views?

Regards - Charles Palmer
Onzo Limited (Project Hydra Project Manager)