Re: [Detnet] L2/L3 model?

"Xialiang (Frank)" <frank.xialiang@huawei.com> Thu, 27 November 2014 02:45 UTC

From: "Xialiang (Frank)" <frank.xialiang@huawei.com>
To: "Norman Finn (nfinn)" <nfinn@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 02:45:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.135.42.200]
Cc: "detnet@ietf.org" <detnet@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Detnet] L2/L3 model?

Hi Norm,
Interesting viewpoint. Please see my comments inline:

B.R.
Frank

[Frank] : I agree above analysis from aspect of data plane handling. But IMO the key points of hybrid L2/L3 network for DetNet is about resource allocation and path computation in control plane. And I think we already achieve a rough sync in the thread.

> Note that MPLS labels can go end-to-end, or as close to the ends as you want
> them to go, as is normal for MPLS; you don’t need to get rid of MPLS when
> going through the bridges.
[Frank] : I have no idea about the reason of using of MPLS label. Can you clarify me?