RE: [dhcwg] additional option for dhcpv6

"Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se> Mon, 21 January 2002 07:47 UTC

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
To: "'vijayak@india.hp.com'" <vijayak@india.hp.com>, mjs@cisco.com
Cc: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] additional option for dhcpv6
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:37:39 -0600
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

My feeling is that we should follow the work being done in DHCPv4 in this area (FQDN) as defined by draft-ietf-dhc-fqdn-option-03.txt. Whether we also have a host name option is still TBD - I believe Carl Smith and Ted Lemon will be working up some text for DHCPv4 and it would be good to wait until we have some clear definitions around proper behavior and interactions between the host name, domain name, and FQDN options. Unless there are some significant reasons to defer from DHCPv4 options, I would recommend using the DHCPv4 options as closely as possible. We have a lot of experience with those options already!

- Bernie